- Easy to complete final assembly
- AS3X technology delivers flight performance that’s rock-solid
- Electric retractable tricycle landing gear (installed)
- Operational flaps with individual servos (installed)
- Rigid Carbon-Z construction for a rigid airframe
- Scale appearance with cockpit and radial engine detail
- Spektrum™ 6-channel AR636A DSMX® receiver (installed)
- Powerful 60-Size brushless power system (installed)
- 7 × High-quality, metal-gear servos (installed)
- Accepts a range of 6S 22.2V Li-Po batteries from 3500–5000mAh
- Large canopy hatch with latch closure
- Two-piece, bolt-on wings and stabilizers
- Vivid trim scheme with U.S. Navy inspired graphics
- 2-blade propeller (included)
- Flat-style pin hinges on the ailerons, rudder and elevator
- Scale landing gear strut details and two-piece main gear doors
Needed To Complete
- Full-Range 6 channel 2.4GHz with Spektrum DSM2®/DSMX® technology with programmable dual rates and exponential
- 6-cell Li-Po battery balancing charger
- 5000mAh 22.2V 6S 30C Li-Po Battery
The Friendly Warbird
The E-flite® Carbon-Z® T-28 airplane is a big warbird model with all the benefits that make RC flight fun. Exclusive Carbon-Z construction allows a large airplane such as this to be rigid like a conventional all-wood airframe, yet lightweight so it can have friendly flying characteristics. Plus, the durability of the Z-Foam™ material means that any bumps along the way are simple to repair. Numerous scale details include a cockpit with instruments and pilot figure while the fitted cowl highlights a dummy radial engine. Of course, no warbird would be complete without functional flaps and operational retracts—both are factory installed.
Since the boom of practical electric power, foam has been an important construction material for RC aircraft. Stable and lightweight, revolutionary Z-Foam material came along to add a level of resiliency and reparability that made RC flight more fun, especially for pilots with very little free time. Exclusive Carbon-Z construction combines the durability of Z-Foam, the strength of lightweight plywood and carbon-fiber with a specially designed hollow-core airframe to take high performance flight beyond any other construction method. Today, Carbon-Z delivers “Big Foam” with a platform that’s as friendly as the iconic ParkZone® T-28, yet maintains all of the above benefits for an experience that’s impressive at the field and in flight.
The advanced AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) system built into the Spektrum™ 6-channel AR636A receiver is what helps give the E-flite Carbon-Z T-28 an incredibly solid look and feel in the air. It works behind the scenes to help counter the effects of wind and turbulence by combining 3-axis sensing with specially tuned flight control software. As a result, an impressive model like the T-28 is made even better because your workload to fly smoothly is significantly reduced.
Start flying right away with your full-range 6+ channel transmitter with Spektrum DSM2®/DSMX® technology, a 3500–5000mAh 6S 30C 22.2V Li-Po flight battery and suitable charger.
Exclusive Carbon-Z technology features composite construction that allows the wing to be chambered, significantly reducing weight while increasing rigidity comparable to all-wood construction.
The AS3X advantage
The AS3X® technology that’s a part of the AR636A receiver installed in the T-28 BNF Basic version significantly reduces your workload to fly smoothly. Only its specially tuned electronics and software offer flight performance that feels rock-solid, right out of the box.
The tricycle landing gear of the Carbon-Z T-28 feature nose wheel steering and the reliability of servoless retraction. Split-main gear doors and strut covers add to the scale appearance.
The operational flaps feature movement much like the full-scale T-28 and independent servos for the most reliable system of control possible.
Under the clear canopy sits a pilot figure and additional cockpit detail. The cowling features a dummy radial engine and the scale-inspired paint scheme offers excellent in-flight visibility.
Powerful 60-size motor
The potent 60-size brushless power system drives a custom 2-blade propeller and is able to use a wide-range of 6S Li-Po battery packs from 3500–5000mAh (battery sold separately).
The main-wing separates into two pieces for easy transport and features a fiberglass wing joiner. Each plug-in horizontal stabilizer half attaches to the tail section with a single screw.
High-quality metal gear servos
Seven servos throughout the airframe help deliver the primary control functions. The single micro-class servo for nosewheel steering saves weight while offering precise ground handling.
- Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
- Approximate Flight Time: 8 minutes
- Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
- Flaps: Yes
- Flying Weight: 12.0 lbs (5.5kg)
- Length: 63 in (162 cm)
- Material: Z-Foam
- Minimum Required Radio: DX6
- Motor Size: 50-60 Size
- Recommended Fuel: Electric
- Recommended Motor Battery: 22.2V 5000mAh 30C 6S LiPo
- Retracts: Yes
- Shaft Diameter: Prop shaft 10mm
- Wing Area: 1073 sq in (70 sq dm)
- Wingspan: 78 in (198 cm)