- Scale markings, engine and surface detail
- Brushless BL180, 2500Kv outrunner motor
- Advanced AS3X® technology delivers smooth flight
- Fits a 180–280mAh 2S 7.4V 30C Li-Po battery (sold separately)
- Industry-leading Spektrum™ DSMX® 2.4GHz technology
- Ultra micro linear long-throw servos (installed)
- Fully assembled with no building required
- Optional float set available (EFLUA1190—sold separately)
Needed To Complete
- 4+ channel transmitter with Spektrum DSM2/DSMX technology
- 180–280mAh 2S 7.4V 30C Li-Po flight battery
Wings of Lock Haven Yellow
The J-3 Cub is said to be the best-flying light airplane ever made. Designed in 1937 to be affordable and forgiving in the air, thousands were produced in Lock Haven, Pennsylvania and helped countless aviators realize the dream of flight. Today, lucky pilots scramble at the chance to fly a J-3 Cub so they can experience what it's like to be in perfect harmony with air and machine. The E-flite® UMX™ J-3 Cub is an ultra micro-size tribute to the gold-colored airplane and an upgrade for veteran pilots.
Lightly constructed, this model of the everlasting classic features an authentic outline and molded surface detail. Up front is a 2S brushless outrunner power system that allows you to cruise the park at what seems like a walking pace, or punch the throttle to the stops and master basic aerobatics. But the feature that will help you enjoy flying this Cub even more is AS3X® technology. That's because the AS3X system built into the ultra-micro 6-channel receiver has been finely tuned so you feel as if you're at the controls of giant scale J-3 that's been expertly trimmed right out of the box. Molded hard points in the belly make the installation of an optional float set simple. So whether your fancy is doing touch-n-goes all day, or just cruising around, this fully assembled charm-machine gives you everything that's great about the J-3 Cub and more.
The advanced AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) system built into the Spektrum™ 6-channel ultra micro receiver is what helps give the E-flite® UMX™ J-3 Cub an incredibly smooth feel in the air. It's technology that combines 3-axis sensing with exclusively tuned flight control software to help counter the effects of wind and turbulence behind the scenes. As a result, your workload to fly smoothly is significantly reduced so you can enjoy natural feeling control that's precise. It's an impressive flight experience that will have you feeling like you're at the controls of an expertly-tuned scale model that's much larger.
The 180BL brushless outrunner motor installed spins a two-blade propeller to provide outstanding thrust and throttle response for slow flight and basic aerobatics.
Authentic factory applied graphics complement the Lock Haven Yellow painted finish while the wing struts and exposed engine deliver an unmistakable sense of realism.
Turn your local pond into the neighborhood RC sea port. Just add the E-flite float set (EFLUA1190) which mounts to the hard-points already built into the fuselage.
- Aileron: Proportional
- Approximate Assembly Time: No assembly required
- Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
- Elevator: Proportional
- Flaps: No
- Flying Weight: 3.6 oz , (102g)
- Landing Gear: Yes
- Length: 16.9 in (430mm)
- Material: Foam
- Motor Size: 180 UM Brushless 2500Kv
- Propeller Size: 5.75 x 2.5
- Rudder: Proportional
- Throttle: Proportional
- Trimscheme Colors: Cub yellow with black
- Wingspan: 26.4 in (670mm)