- Hard anodized, 4mm 7075-T6 aluminum chassis and shock towers
- All-new chassis layout milled and balanced for electric power
- Multiple ESC and battery mounting locations
- Long-bore 16mm shocks and tapered springs
- Suspension components optimized for electric power
- Adjustable front and rear pivots
- Lightweight outdrives
- Adjustable hinge pin braces
- Aluminum servo saver top
- Aluminum rear bearing inserts
- Electric version body
- Adjustable rear wing
When developing the 8IGHT-T E 3.0, the Team set out to create an electric platform that was every bit as dominant as its nitro-powered sibling. But instead of simply converting the nitro chassis, they reexamined everything and came up with a new chassis layout and suspension setup specifically for electric power.
Aluminum Chassis Designed for Electric Power
Rather than adapt the existing 8IGHT-T™ 3.0 nitro chassis, the Team engineered an all-new chassis that has been widened and balanced specifically for electric power. It is milled from lightweight, 4mm 7075-T6 aluminum and has been hard anodized for maximum durability.
Special Updates and Tuning Options
The chassis gives racers multiple ESC and battery mounting locations. This makes it possible to easily relocate components when tuning the vehicle’s balance for varying track conditions. Specific suspension components such as springs, shock pistons and sway bars have also been updated to better complement electric power systems.
Large-Bore 16mm Shocks and Tapered Springs
The large volume shocks are easier to tune and remain more consistent during temperature change. They feature tapered springs that provide greater clearance while reducing the chance of spring cup ejection during extreme impacts. Machined pistons are included for greater precision and increased performance.
CNC Shock Towers
The front and rear shock towers are machined from 4mm 7075-T6 aluminum and hard anodized for maximum durability.
The kit includes hard anodized adjustable front pivots and low roll center rear pivots with adjustable bushings.
Optional Parts Included
Many of the parts included with this kit are popular upgrades that will give you everything you need to build a Team spec truggy right out of the box. This includes lightweight outdrives, adjustable hinge pin braces, an aluminum servo saver top, aluminum rear bearing inserts and more.
Electric Version Body and Adjustable Rear Wing
The body shares many of the same lines with the nitro version body but extends the rear stabilization fin so that it meets the rear of the cab. The adjustable rear wing includes a .250 and .500 inch spacer that lets you move the wing back for extra stability on high-speed tracks.
- Approximate Assembly Time: 5-7 Hours
- Ball Bearings: Full Precision Ball Bearings included
- Batteries: 14.8V 5000mAh 4S LiPo minimum (Not included)
- Body: Heavy Duty Lexan/Unpainted
- Brakes: Supplied by speed control (Not included)
- Chassis: 4mm Billet, 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Completion Level: Kit
- Differential: Bevel Gear, Sealed, Oil Filled Differentials
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Final Drive Ratio: 12.58:1 (with recommended 14T pinion)
- Gear Pitch: 1.0 Module
- Ground Clearance: 1.57 in (40mm)
- Height: 7.30 in (185.5mm)
- Internal Gear Ratio: 3.92:1
- Length: 18.75 in (476mm)
- Model Type: Car/Truck
- Motor Size: 690 size required (Not included)
- Motor Type: Sensored Brushless (Not included)
- Painted or Clear Bodies: Clear
- Radio: 2–3 channel surface radio system required (Not included)
- Servos: Not included
- Shock Type: 16mm Bore, Oil Filled, with Bladder
- Size/Scale: 1/8
- Speed Control: Not included
- Spur Gear: 45T
- Suspension: 4-Wheel Independent
- Tire Diameter: 5.5 in (140mm) (Not included)
- Vehicle Type: Electric Truggy
- Weight: 9.90 lbs (4.49kg)
- Wheel Diameter: 3.93 in (100mm) (Not included)
- Wheel Type: Truggy type (Not included)
- Wheel Width: 2.25 in (58mm) (Not included)
- Wheelbase: 14.93–15.09 in (379–383mm)
- Width: 16.38 in (416.1mm)