The CC3D provides a crisp feel when flying tricopters, quads, hexas, octocopters, and even fixed wing planes.
CC3D CopterControl Hardware Features
- Powerful STM32 32-bit microcontroller running at 90MIPs with 128KB Flash and 20KB RAM.
- 3-axis high-performance MEMs gyros and 3-axis high-performance MEMs accelerometer.
- Tiny 36mmx36mm 4 layer PCB for superior electrical noise reduction and flight performance.
- Software support for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Direct high speed USB support with no drivers required, a truly plug and play device.
- Spektrum satellite receiver support.
- Futaba S-BUS hardware support.
- Innovative Flexi-port technology for superior port flexibility.
- 4Mbits on-board EEPROM for configuration storage.
CopterControl also offers the innovative Flexi-port which provides either I2C connectivity or a second serial port. Flexi-port gives CopterControl the flexibility to use either I2C and a single serial port or dual serial ports, according to your connectivity needs.
Superior user experience
OpenPilot has tried to make your experience with the CC3D as easy and trouble-free as possible. Naturally for a high-end product, the hardware is complete; there is nothing to solder. The included RC harness allows you to connect any standard PWM receiver. All CopterControl boards are tested before shipping and come with bootloader already flashed. A standard mini-USB cable (not included) is used to load the latest firmware and configure everything for your unique airframe.
The OpenPilot project, whist still young, it trying to make Open Source much more user friendly. OpenPilot software is designed to be used by everybody! All major operating systems are supported and install packages are provided. The software is all Free software under the GPLv3 license and not only are you welcome to hack it, but we encourage it!
Sensors and Components
- 3-axis Gyroscope array and 3-axis Accelerometer: MPU-6000
- Supports several common RC inputs: 6 PWM channels, combined PPM, Spektrum/JR DSM2, DSMJ, DSMX satellites, and Futaba S.Bus receivers.
- Simultaneous support for multiple receivers.
- ReceiverPort functions (configurable): 6 PWM input channels or combined PPM stream, 4 PWM output channels
- MainPort functions (configurable): serial telemetry (default), GPS, S.Bus, Spektrum/JR satellites
- FlexiPort (configurable): serial telemetry, GPS, Spektrum/JR satellites, or I2C peripherals (under development)
- 10 PWM outputs to servos or ESC’s, or for camera stabilization
- Camera stabilization: supports up to 3-axis camera mounts with stabilization and manual control from any of configured receivers.
- Onboard USB connectivity for easy configuration.
- USB and serial telemetry and configuration
- Supported by powerful OpenPilot GCS
- 4 Mbit onboard memory
- 3C Quaternion based complementary filter running at 500Hz