Ask any of the thousands of pilots who have flown one. Radian® motor gliders are the sailplanes of choice if you want a quick and easy way to experience the thrill of RC soaring or relax with a quick flight. They are so easy to fly, even pilots with no soaring experience have been able to master the art of riding thermals after just a few flights.
The giant E-Flite® Radian® XL 2.6m motor glider adds a whole new dimension of soaring excitement to the Radian line while staying true to its heritage with simple elevator/rudder/throttle/spoiler controls.
- Big and easy to fly
- Efficient 2.6-meter polyhedral wing with fully-proportional spoilers
- Full-Flying horizontal stabilizer for superb pitch control
- Assembles and disassembles in minutes
- Easy to transport and store
- Powerful, efficient brushless motor
- Constructed of durable, lightweight Z-Foam™ material
- The precision and stability of AS3X® technology
Needed To Complete
- 5+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter
- 3S 3200mAh LiPo battery with an EC3™ connector and charger
Efficient 2.6-Meter Polyhedral Wing with Spoilers
The wing, which spans just over 8 1/2 feet (102 inches) tip to tip, has been designed to provide superb thermal-grabbing capabilities while minimizing drag for maximum endurance. When it's time to return to Earth, its fully-proportional, retractable spoilers will allow you to precisely manage your descent and use less area to land.
Full-Flying Horizontal Stabilizer
The E-flite team designed the Radian® XL motor glider with a flying horizontal stabilizer for better pitch control. Unlike a fixed-position horizontal stabilizer with a hinged elevator, the entire stabilizer rotates up or down to provide extra aerodynamic force. The result is a big glider with superb pitch response at every speed.
Easy Assembly, Transport and Storage
Putting this massive flying machine together couldn't be easier. All you need is a few minutes and a Phillips-head screwdriver. The bolt-together wing comes in three pieces-a center section with spoilers and two outer sections. The 2-piece, full-flying elevator slides into the tail and bolts together.
Brushless Power and Lightweight Construction with Z-Foam Material
This combination gives the model an impressive power-to-weight ratio that translates into exhilarating launch performance. The lightweight airframe also makes the motor remarkably efficient at altitude so you can spend more time hunting for thermals.
The Precision and Stability of AS3X® Technology
The AS3X® technology built into the Spektrum™ AR636A receiver helps give the model an incredibly stable, locked-in feel in the air. This smooth, precise response makes for much more enjoyable flying experience, especially on windy days.
- Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
- CG (Center of Gravity): 91mm behind the leading edge @ the root
- Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
- Flying Weight: 79.5 oz (2254g)
- Landing Gear: No
- Length: 56.9 in (1444mm)
- Material: Z-Foam
- Minimum Required Radio: 5+ Channel
- Minimum Speed Control: 40A
- Motor Size: BL 10 1250Kv
- Propeller Size: 12x4
- Recommended Motor Battery: 3200mAh 3S LiPo
- Wing Area: 946.45 sq in (61.05 sq dm)
- Wingspan: 102.40 in (2.6m)