- Easy to complete final assembly
- Capable of 100+ MPH (161 KPH)* flight speeds
- Two-piece, plug-in wing and stabilizer with carbon-fiber joiner tubes
- Officially licensed design, as seen at the 2014 World Championship Air Races
- Spektrum™ AR636A DSMX® 6-channel receiver (installed)
- AS3X® technology delivers rock-solid handling
- Powerful 15-Size, 1200Kv brushless motor (installed)
- 70-amp, switch-mode BEC, brushless ESC (installed)
- Scale spinner with reinforced two-blade propeller (included)
- (4) Spektrum 16-gram metal gear servos (installed)
- Reinforced, lightweight Z-Foam™ construction
What began in 1969 as a derelict wreck currently holds the straight-line speed record for piston-engine aircraft at 528.3 miles per hour. At 500 pounds lighter and 1000 horsepower stronger than a stock Grumman F8F-2 Bearcat, Race #77 is the crown jewel of the Lewis Air Legends collection. To this day, Rare Bear is a favorite to all except the competition.
The E-flite® Rare Bear radio control airplane delivers an exhilarating flight experience capable of 100+ MPH*, right out of the box. Like the full-size, this model has been outfitted with a highly-tuned, oversize power system and all unnecessary weight has been trimmed. This synergy maximizes high-speed thrills without sacrificing the super-friendly handling you expect from an E-flite model.
Beyond the engineering and reinforced Z-Foam™ construction, the Bind-N-Fly Basic version includes the specially tuned Spektrum™ AR636A 6-channel receiver. Built-in AS3X® technology delivers rock-solid control without equal. That’s because it fights the effects of wind and turbulence so all you experience is the kind of locked-in performance that makes flying flat-out more thrilling than ever.
Whether you’re an experienced racing pilot or an intermediate sport pilot who wants an incredible high-speed experience, the E-flite Rare Bear is ideal.
With the Rare Bear Bind-N-Fly® Basic airplane and your full range DSM2®/DSMX® aircraft transmitter, you can be flying in the time it takes to charge a battery (battery and charger sold separately). An evolution in ready-to-fly convenience, this Rare Bear aircraft comes out of the box with servos, power system and a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX receiver already installed. It’s simple, especially when you use the recommended E-flite 3300mAh 4S 14.8V 50C Li-Po battery (sold separately).
Capable of 100+ MPH Flight Speeds
Packed with a high-speed motor, robust ESC and a racing propeller, the highly tuned E-flite Rare Bear delivers incredible high-speed performance. Our average straight-line speed of 100+ MPH was achieved with a pre-production model with recommended battery.
Engineered with AS3X Technology
The advanced AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) system built into the Spektrum™ 6-channel AR636A receiver (BNF Basic Only) helps give the E-flite® Rare Bear an incredibly solid look and feel in the air.
The pre-installed brushless outrunner and 70-amp brushless ESC installed are matched to deliver 100+ MPH* flight speeds with the recommended 4S 14.8V 3300mAh 50C Li-Po battery.
Strong and Light
Specially reinforced Z-Foam™ construction makes it possible to replicate complex airframe detail and maintain rigidity while keeping flying weight low. Built into the structure is a scuff plate that helps protect the airframe during a belly-landing.
Metal Gear Servos
Factory installed Spektrum 16-gram metal gear micro servos deliver durability that’s smooth so you get the control authority a high-performance racer deserves.
Reinforced, lightweight Z-Foam™ construction
- Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
- Approximate Flight Time: 4 minutes
- Flaps: No
- Flying Weight: 46.7 oz (1324g)
- Length: 34.0 in (865mm)
- Material: Z-Foam
- Minimum Required Radio: DX6
- Minimum Speed Control: 70-Amp (Included)
- Motor Size: 15-Size Brushless 1200Kv
- Propeller Size: 8x8 Electric
- Recommended Motor Battery: 3300mAh 4S 14.8V 50C LiPo
- Retracts: No
- Wing Area: 287 sq in (18.5 sq dm)
- Wingspan: 34.6 in (880mm)